Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorney
Eighteen-wheeler trucks pose significant danger if proper care is not taken when driving. Any careless actions by truck drivers, mechanics, or the trucking company itself can cause serious accidents – leading to severe injuries and large-scale property damage. If you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result of a serious truck accident, contact the Los Angeles truck accident lawyers at Pollard | Bailey immediately to discuss your case. You may be eligible for significant compensation for your damages.
| Click to contact us and book a FREE case consultation today!
Why Choose Pollard | Bailey?
At Pollard | Bailey, our Los Angeles truck accident lawyers have helped clients in the Los Angeles area successfully secure a full recovery after experiencing a truck accident.
- We have more than 40 years of combined legal experience representing clients in all types of truck accidents.
- We have the resources to accurately pinpoint any and all causes of your truck accident, including hiring experts and professionals to assess the damage and determine who is liable for your wreck.
- In order to help everyone, regardless of their financial situation, we operate on a contingency fee basis — there are no upfront costs, and you do not pay us unless we win your case.
You deserve compensation for your injuries. Let our personal injury lawyers help you.
What’s Different About a Truck Accident vs. a Car Accident?
Truck accidents differ from standard motor vehicle collisions in multiple ways.
- Eighteen-wheelers and tractor-trailer trucks are significantly heavier than standard automobiles. This can result in greater force impacting your vehicle in a crash.
- Due to their weight, trucks take longer to brake to a full stop. In situations such as rear-end crashes, this may result in a truck impacting your vehicle at a speed much greater than an average automobile.
- Multiple parties may be liable for your accident. Although the truck driver may be at fault for the accident, other parties may have contributed to the accident as well. The trucking company may be at fault for improperly securing freight, which can cause the driver to lose control — or a mechanic may be at fault for failing to fix pre-existing problems which led to the accident.
Because a truck accident can be much more complicated than a car accident, it is highly recommended you consult an experienced Los Angeles truck accident lawyer before proceeding with a claim.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident in Los Angeles
Negligence in a truck accident can fall on more than one party. You may be inclined to assume the driver is at fault. Did they brake harshly or not soon enough? Did they take a turn too sharply? Were they not taking sufficient breaks to avoid fatigue? These are all irresponsible actions that can result in driver liability.
However, the truck accident may also fall on the manufacturers of the cargo, the owners of the trailer, or the trucking company. Failure to secure the cargo or provide safe means of transport is unacceptable and endangers the life of the driver and others on the road. If the trucking company doesn’t perform routine maintenance of their vehicles and equipment or provide sufficient training to drivers, those are also grounds for a claim.
Your Los Angeles truck accident attorneys will help you navigate this case. They will file a claim against the liable party to secure the monetary compensation you need to recover from your truck accident injuries.
Contact Pollard the Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyers Today!
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, and you believe the fault lies with the truck driver or another related party, contact us. Our Los Angeles truck accident attorneys will help you go through this complex legal situation. Pollard | Bailey works diligently to secure the compensation necessary to make a full recovery.