Los Angeles Defective Medical Devices Attorney
Medical devices can significantly improve a person’s quality of life, but if they are defective or functioning improperly, they may cause greater harm to your health. If you’ve been injured as the result of a defective medical device, contact Pollard | Bailey today to schedule a free consultation. You may be eligible for significant compensation.
| Click to contact us and book a FREE case consultation today!
Why Choose Pollard | Bailey?
At Pollard | Bailey, the Los Angeles defective medical device attorneys are committed to pursuing compensation for clients who have been harmed due to defective medical devices.
- We have over 40 years of combined legal experience.
- We have a proven record of results, recovering compensation in more than 96% of our cases.
- All our clients are represented by partner-level attorneys – not legal assistants or junior associates.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, with no upfront costs or out-of-pocket expenses. We only charge legal fees when we win compensation for your case.
We want to help you seek the maximum possible compensation necessary to make a full recovery.
Commonly Used Medical Devices & Their Classification
All medical devices are arranged under specific designations by the FDA:
- Class I: Refers to non-invasive medical devices, such as tongue depressors, hospital beds, slings, bandages, thermometers, and others with general controls. This class contains a majority of all medical devices.
- Class II: Considered to pose a more significant risk to patients and require special controls and requirements. These include blood pressure cuffs, wheelchairs, and X-ray machines.
- Class III: Devices under this class are considered high-risk, as they are utilized to sustain or improve a patient’s well-being. These devices include hip replacements, knee implants, pacemakers, and prosthetics.
Types of Defective Medical Devices Claims
In most instances, injuries are sustained from devices under the Class III designation. Harm often occurs due to improperly manufactured or damaged devices. The device may have a defective design or stopped working or began breaking down progressively.
Additional claims highlight the manufacturer’s negligence in providing sound warnings and instructions for the installation or operation of a device, and so, a patient was injured while using the device.
Potential Liable Parties in a Defective Medical Device Case
With defective medical device cases, various parties can be held liable, such as the manufacturer, laboratory, supplier, sales representative, hospital, or doctor involved in the device’s use or implantation.
Contact a Los Angeles Defective Medical Device Lawyer to Build Your Case
If you or a loved one has suffered immensely because of the negligence of a manufacturer or other supporting parties, contact Pollard | Bailey at (310) 854-7650, Los Angeles defective medical device attorneys. We can help you build a product liability claim to get the necessary compensation to cover your treatment and care expenses as well as your pain and suffering. Get in touch with the law office of Pollard | Bailey to begin the process of legal recovery for your defective medical device claim.