Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Attorney
Whether it’s for commuting or recreation, riding a bicycle is a common activity in Los Angeles and California at large. However, an inherent lack of protection makes cyclists susceptible to injury.
If you’ve been in a bicycle accident, contact the Los Angeles bicycle accident attorneys at Pollard | Bailey today to discuss your case. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have the resources to successfully obtain compensation for your injuries.
| Click to contact us and book a case consultation today!
Why Choose Pollard | Bailey?
Pollard | Bailey is a team of legal experts who are dedicated to getting you the best possible outcome.
- We have more than 40 years of combined legal experience successfully representing clients in all types of bicycle accidents.
- We offer a partner-level representation to all of our clients. You will not be delegated to a paralegal or junior-level associates at any point in the litigation process.
- We’ve successfully secured a favorable verdict or settlement in more than 96% of the cases we have taken on.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis — you do not pay any legal fees until we win compensation on your behalf.
We understand you may be feeling pain, stress, and frustration at this time. Let us help you.
Types of Bicycle Accidents
There are many types of bicycle collisions that could lead to injury.
- Collision Involving a Car Door: A driver parks and neglectfully opens the door without ensuring the way is clear. As a result, a cyclist slams into the door, losing control and flying over the door.
- Driver Making a Turn: A driver doesn’t see the cyclist in the path to making a left turn. As for right turns, collisions with cars occur when a cyclist is in the driver’s blind spot, or a right turn cuts off the proceeding cyclist.
- Distracted or Impaired Driving: Lack of attention while driving or driving while under the influence are two of the most pervasive causes for accidents. The inability to make quick judgments often leaves drivers at fault for sideswiping, cutting off, or hitting a cyclist.
Other potential causes for a collision can stem from motorists ignoring traffic signs, bikers riding against traffic, road or weather conditions, speeding, or general negligence.
Treating Your Bicycle Accident Injuries is Important for Your Case
If you have been involved in a bike accident, it is imperative that you seek medical attention, regardless of the severity of the collision or your injuries. First, this step is important to ensure your safety. You may be in shock after the accident and are therefore unable to accurately assess your well-being. A doctor can run the appropriate tests needed to check for broken bones, lacerations, whiplash, and other bicycle accident injuries.
Second, your medical records are essential pieces of evidence for your Los Angeles bicycle accidents attorneys. These records will be used to establish the extent of your injuries, as well as to set amount of compensation you deserve for treatment and recovery. We will ensure that your bicycle case is heard and present all of the appropriate evidence for a favorable result.
Contact Pollard | Bailey for Your Bicycle Accident Claim
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident involving a motorist, we encourage you to contact our office. Our Los Angeles bicycle accident attorneys will work on your behalf to settle your claim and get you the damages you’re entitled to.